Virtual Alumni Event: Reconnecting with Art Therapy
Reconnecting with Art Therapy
Facilitated by: Sondra Rosenberg, ATR-BC
Creative Arts Therapies Supervisor, The Renfrew Center
Tuesday, September 15, 2020 • 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm (EDT)Attendees will need access to wi-fi and a device with a camera, microphone and audio capabilities.
A Zoom link will be emailed out prior to the online event.
- Participate in an art-making activity designed to promote self-expression and reflection, with the opportunity to share with others.
- Discuss their experiences with creativity in the recovery process, and support one another in developing a recovery-based creative practice.
- Receive prompts, tools and resources for enhancing self-care through creativity.
Materials are not required to be purchased for this event, but we encourage you to bring any of the following supplies if they are available to you:
- Pens, colored pencils, markers, pastels, or watercolors, OR an art-making app on a computer/tablet
- Paper (any size)
- Optional: a piece of art you created in treatment, that you would be willing to share with the group
About the Facilitator:
Sondra Rosenberg, ATR-BC,
Creative Arts Therapies Supervisor at The Renfrew Center of Philadelphia, leads groups which address body image, emotional expression, media literacy and mindful eating. She received her Bachelor's degree in Visual Art from Oberlin College and her Master's degree in Art Therapy from New York University. Ms. Rosenberg has presented regionally on the use of art therapy in the treatment of eating disorders, self-injury and trauma. A collection of patient artwork that she curated has been exhibited at conferences, universities and galleries throughout the Philadelphia area. Ms. Rosenberg brings a deep passion for art and a strong commitment to empowering women through creativity. She maintains a small private practice in her home studio in the Mt. Airy neighborhood of Philadelphia.