The road of recovery can sometimes be a bumpy one. Struggles and slip-ups are inevitable and can provide important information in terms of what still needs to be worked on. Sometimes, though, slip-ups and struggles can take a turn for the worse and lead into the world of relapse. Here are a few signs to help you determine whether you're in the midst of a slip-up or moving into relapse.
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions you may need additional support, please Contact Us
- Experiencing a re-emergence of symptoms that follow a pattern, are consistent in nature, and feel unmanageable?
- Increasing secrecy around these symptoms, such as being dishonest with your therapist, family, and or friends?
- Having friends or family members observed you returning to old patterns and behaviors?
- Avoiding events that have food involved and greater isolation among friends and family?
- Feeling a sense of hopelessness for your life and its direction?